When starting or developing your small business there will be times when you have discrete projects to do to move your business and life forward. When you are being Jill of trades (particularly at the early-stages) time and motivation are an issue. However, setting yourself a 30-day challenge can give you the zest of energy and focus that you need. So, how can you make your 30 days count in 5-easy steps:
1. Identify and focus on one thing that you want to get done in 30-days and write it down. By only choosing one activity you can focus your time and energy on achieving it; and it is easier to hold yourself to account. What will be your word of the month to empower you to get the job done e.g. I want to feel…accomplished, productive or powerful etc.
2. Identify and write down 3 key jobs that you will need to do to achieve your 30 -day challenge. These are your challenge milestones.
3. Now take each key job in turn and break it down to 10 small tasks i.e., 1 key job = 10 tasks and 1 task is to be done each day over 10 days. Do this for all three key jobs.
4. Tell 1 or 2 people in your inner circle (family, friends, colleagues, business mentor/coach) that you are doing this 30- day challenge so they can cheer you on and hold you to account.
5. Identify how you will celebrate or treat yourself when you achieve your 30-day challenge. You need something to keep you going and reward yourself for completing this momentous task.
Remember you have got this!
Want to know more?
Looking for 30-day challenge ideas and inspiration? Read ‘Twenty 30-Day Challenge Ideas That Will Improve Your Life’ here
Thinking about starting a side business?
The Business of Life is part of the 3Cs Digital brand whose vision and mission it is to inspire and empower women to start and grow successful small businesses with confidence.
As well as the blog, The Business of Life is developing an online coaching programme called *5 Steps into Entrepreneurship: Side Business Start Up Success* for women over 40.
So, if you are a looking to diversify your work portfolio and income stream; and create more freedom, flexibility and financial income so that you are empowered to live a life full of passion, purpose and prosperity book a free 30-minute coaching call to find out how to start your side business from the comfort of your own home.
Have a business already? Need support in starting and developing it online?
3Cs Digital is a web marketing service dedicated to helping women in business set up and develop their online presence. Through coaching or consultancy services in web design, copywriting and social media marketing 3Cs Digital equips women in business with the digital knowledge and skills to create and design websites, find their brand voice and curate social media posts to attract their ideal customers.