When we think of entrepreneurs, we stereotypically think of a man who has left his job to pursue a business idea to start-up and scale up! However, let me tell you ladies changing the face of entrepreneurship are women and millennials. We are witnessing a rise in ‘mumpreneurs’. ‘lifestyle entrepreneurs’ (fitting a business around time commitments and values); ‘10% Entrepreneurs' (4 days on a job + 1-day business) and the '5 to 9ers' (have a full-time job and an evening/weekend business).
In this coronavirus climate, if you have a job that you enjoy or have to work as an employee full-time or part-time but need:
- an additional income;
- an outlet for your entrepreneurial spirit;
- a plan for your next career move or;
- simply a creative outlet to pursue a passion, hobby or interest
Yes, you can have the best of both worlds as a part-time entrepreneur. To get you started the three things you need to consider are:
1. A business idea
2. An audit of your time and availability for your part-time business
3. A start up plan or road map on how you are going to manage your time, finances, resources and the people that you have commitments to (e.g. partner, children, elderly relatives and friends) so that you have their buy in, clear boundaries and pockets of time for your side business
Want to know?
For business ideas, inspiration and a know how checklist on how to get started on a part-time business read Emma Jones ‘s (Founder of Enterprise Nation) book ’Working 5 to 9: How to Start a Successful Business in your Spare Time.’
Are you a woman in business?
Have a start-up or business advice story to share to ‘inspire and aspire’ our community in the 'new normal?'
Email me @: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to start or grow your business income?
3Cs Digital is a web marketing service dedicated to helping women in business set up and develop their online presence. Through coaching or consultancy services in web design, copywriting and social media marketing 3Cs Digital equips women in business with the digital knowledge and skills to: create and design websites, find their brand voice and curate social media posts to attract their ideal customers to their small business website.