COVID-19 has put health and wellness at the forefront of our minds. With competing demands on our time especially for women, what are the simple ways that we can look after our health that is sustainable and can withstand any major disruption? Kelly Roach founder of the Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show podcast argues that you can stay healthy during the working day. Here are 5 ways how:
1. Standing or raised desk. Look after your physical and back health with a standing or raised desk. The former allows you to move or exercise while the latter allows you to sustain good posture for your back, shoulders and neck.
2. Walk and Talk while you take a call. Getting a good set of cordless headphones or buds will enable you to multi-task while you take a work call. So going for walk, walking around the house or tidying up are opportunities to get your body moving while you work.
3. Drink Water. Fill up a big water bottle in the morning, to keep your brain and body hydrated to stay alert throughout the working day. Adding a slice of lemon can also give you the oxidants and minerals you need to help you burn fat.
4. Exercise bursting. Finding the time to exercise is a major issue for a lot of people. Incremental periods of exercise (e.g., 5-10 minutes) throughout day like jumping jacks, press ups, sit ups etc breaks up the routine of sitting at a desk; are just as effective as long exercise sessions; and you are more likely to stick to these short bursts of exercise.
5. Intentional Eating. Eat and drink foods throughout the day that will fuel your brain and body so that you have the energy and alertness to deal with the demands of your professional and personal life.
Want to know more?
Listen to Kelly Roach’s Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show podcast episode 5 Ways to Stay Healthy During Work here.
Thinking about starting a side business?
The Business of Life is part of the 3Cs Digital brand whose vision and mission it is to inspire and empower women to start and grow successful small businesses with confidence.
As well as the blog, The Business of Life is developing an online coaching programme called *5 Steps into Entrepreneurship: Side Business Start Up Success* for women over 40.
So, if you are a looking to diversify your work portfolio and income stream; and create more freedom, flexibility and financial income so that you are empowered to live a life full of passion, purpose and prosperity book a free 30-minute coaching call to find out how to start your side business from the comfort of your own home.
Have a business already? Need support in starting and developing it online?
3Cs Digital is a web marketing service dedicated to helping women in business set up and develop their online presence. Through coaching or consultancy services in web design, copywriting and social media marketing 3Cs Digital equips women in business with the digital knowledge and skills to: create and design websites, find their brand voice and curate social media posts to attract their ideal customers to their small business website.