It is hot in the city (and all over most of the UK) as the Met Office has issued a Red Alert weather warning for Heat Extremities. With temperatures having the potential to soar to a whopping 40c (104F) what can we do to stay safe, keep cool and look out for others while we carry on with business, work and/or life?
- Listen to the weather forecast and plan ahead
- Work from home if you can and keep your space cool by closing curtains, blinds and using a fan or air con
- Avoid going out between 11am and 3pm but if you do have to go out carry a bottle of water with you, walk in the shade and wear lightweight, loose-fitting, light coloured cotton clothes
- Wear UV sunglasses to reduce UV exposure to the eyes and apply sunscreen of at least SPF15 with UVA protection
- Look out for signs of heat exhaustion (e.g., weakness, feeling faint/sick and headache) heatstroke (e.g., confusion, seizures and loss of consciousness)
- Cool your skin with water, slow down and drink water
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid excess alcohol
- Dress appropriately for the weather and wear loose fitting clothes
- Slow down and avoid strenuous activity or physical exercise
Look Out for Others
- Keep an eye on family, friends, neighbours particularly those living on their own. Make sure they are staying cool.
- Babies, young children, the elderly and those with underlying health conditions can be vulnerable to hot weather read guidance on how to stay safe
- Check for signs of heat related illnesses
Want to know more?
For government guidance on how to *Beat the Heat: Staying Safe in Hot Weather* read more here
Looking for digital marketing resources to help you get your business online?
3Cs Digital Shop on Etsy is
an educational platform helping women in business get up to speed with digital
marketing to do it yourself or hire someone else. Download your web marketing
toolkits and templates direct to your device. #LetsDoDigital with confidence
Need 1:1 support in developing your business journey online?
3Cs Digital is a web marketing service dedicated to helping women in business set up and develop their online presence. Through coaching or consultancy services in web design, copywriting and social media marketing. 3Cs Digital equips women in business with the digital know how and skills to start and grow a successful small business online.